How Cuts to Early Childhood Education Programs Affect Children’s Readiness for School – A First 5 LA Panel Discussion
First 5 LA’s Policy Department invites you to a panel discussion on the child care crisis in California. The free event takes place at First 5 LA on Friday, April 20, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. (Registration and refreshments start at 9 a.m.).
Los Angeles County Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky, First 5 LA Commission chair, will provide welcoming remarks and Ted Lempert, president of Children Now, will moderate the discussion.
Topics will include:
- How cuts have, and will continue to, impact school readiness.
- Why investing in quality improvement and workforce training for early education is critical.
- What can and must be done to reinvest in early education.
Featured panelists include:
- Former State Schools Superintendent Delaine Eastin
- State Senator Carol Liu
- Laura Escobedo, Los Angeles County Office of Child Care
- Ruth Yoon, LAUSD
- Dr. Marlene Zepeda, CSULA
To register for the panel, please click on the button to the right.
For more information about the event, please email RNolledo@First5LA.org.
We look forward to seeing you on April 20.
Tessa Charnofsky, Government Affairs Manager
Note: No one from direct services. No one from Community Colleges. No parent. No one from any ECE Professional Association. This is the disrespect given the ECE professional and the ECE consumer when politics tries to help.